So I'm an early shopper but a late baker. Confused? I've pretty much had my Christmas shopping completed since Black Friday. I know get all the sighs and eye rolls out now. I love to have Christmas Cookies and will do a batch of one kind of cookie before the holidays.. but I love to do my cookie trays a few days before Christmas.
This year I've picked the 23rd as my big cookie day. I have my list of cookies to make including the following Haystacks, Little Snowballs, and Easy Fudge. I also had the idea for these cookies, so I made a test batch. Trust me you don't want an epic cookie fail on your big Christmas cookie day.
They turned out great and were super easy to make. Basically just add 6 chopped candy canes to my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. How do you chop candy canes? Well its actually really fun and stress relieving. You put your candy canes in a sandwich bag. Then you beat them with a rolling pin. Yup... Beware it will make a lot of noise. The hubby may also wonder what is going on... but its all good.
Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 package (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix together the softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Once it is well combined, add the instant pudding mix.
- After the pudding mix is integrated add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Now add in the flour and baking soda mixture that you had previously set aside. Blend well.
- Add the chocolate chips and candy canes, use low speed on your mixer or do it by hand.
- Drop 1 Tbsp size cookies on the cookie sheet. Form the cookie into a round ball so that they come out with a nice round shape.
- Bake for 11 minutes.
You may also enjoy
Red Velvet Cookies
Chocolate Mint Swirl Pudding Cookies