Recent Posts

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Holiday Turkey Sandwich

















Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I hope that you are all enjoying your version of the holiday whether it means traveling, hosting, eating turkey, or enjoying something else. I'm writing this the night before, but we are planning to watch the parade in the morning. Then if the weather holds head to my sister's to enjoy a big feast with my family.

So I decided at the start of this month to give thanks for one thing each day. It ended up being a challenging month for us (a hurt ankle for me, no power for 3 days, a broken furnace and a flat tire). I experienced the last two in the last 24 hours. Even though each one was not something I would like to repeat I did look at the positive side. Like sure I got a flat tire on the way to work, but it was close to home. We got unexpected help from a stranger... and it would have been so much worse if it happened during our travels on Thanksgiving.

Tomorrow I will take a moment to say thanks... but then I'm so ready for December. Leave the bad luck of this month behind.

Now lets talk about this sandwich. This sandwich was based off of the holiday sandwich that they have at Earl of Sandwich. We don't have an Earl of Sandwich locally, but if we are traveling and get the chance we love to go there. The best is when we get to have this holiday sandwich. I mean it just screams Yum right!  I'm so excited we were able to replicate it at home!

Ingredients

1 Sub bun
2 pieces of large turkey meat
1/2 cup stuffing
1/4 cranberries

Lay out the bread.
















Cut it in half and lay out the turkey. Jim saved these pieces specifically for this sandwich.
















Next add the stuffing.
















Then the cranberries. We actually had some cranberry apple Lucky Leaf pie filling left so we used that instead.
















Then put the top piece of bread on...
















Eat and Enjoy!

This recipe originally appeared on Laura's Baking Talent.

You may also enjoy
















Pulled Pork Sandwiches
















Caramelized Onion Dip