Recent Posts

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Meatloaf Muffins
















Remember on Tuesday how I mentioned it was a blizzard outside. Well we got a foot of snow. A whole foot. Crazy!  The area was totally not prepared. The roads were a mess, I drive 15 minutes to work and it took me 40 minutes on Tuesday morning. On top of that I saw two accidents. I got to work and I had permanent white knuckles!  Then I realized they hadn't plowed our parking lot at work. Epic battle to get in and out. I got home and made this meatloaf... it truly was COMFORT food for me.


















I have to admit that today's post was not going to be meatloaf muffins. The other recipe I made didn't turn out quite as I expected. I would never post a recipe that I didn't like on the blog. So comfort food week had already started and I as missing the third post. So Jim and I were walking Ginny dog (pre-blizzard), and I was like what is your first thought when you think comfort food.
















Jim's first answer was meatloaf. Of coarse! You really can't get closer to comfort food, then with meatloaf. In our house though we don't do meatloaf in a meatloaf pan that would not be fun. I cook it in a muffin pan. There are two reasons for doing it this way. The first is they are so cute. I mean if you can make something as hardy as meatloaf cuter you just have to do it. The second is that this one batch makes dinner for us twice, and makes a good lunch for Jim to take to work. You can just freeze and reheat the ones that you don't have the first night.

Ingredients

1 1/4 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 egg, whisked with a little milk
1 cup bread crumbs
2 Tbsp grill seasoning (I used bacon maple seasoning)
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup salsa
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

In a large bowl or in your stand mixer mix together the ground beef, onion, and pepper. Once combined add the egg, bread crumbs, grill seasoning, ketchup, salsa, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until everything is well combined.

Spray a muffin pay with spray butter or brush with olive oil. The recipe will yield 15 meatloaf muffins.  Use an ice cream scoop or a large spoon to fill each muffin cup almost completely full. Bake for 20 minutes. Then sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese and bake for another 1-2 minutes. Just long enough for the cheese to melt.

Eat and Enjoy!

This recipe originally appeared on Laura's Baking Talent.

You may also enjoy















5 can soup

















Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches