In the summer I love to go walking with Ginny. If we have enough time on the weekends I will even take her for two walks, since we love it so much. However walking in the winter especially this winter has been too dangerous. I can barely walk on the icy roads let alone try to walk with Ginny dog.
Walking is my way to stay fit and not gain about a gazillion pounds from the blog, so I needed a winter fix. We have a treadmill in the basement, but I dreaded going down there. I ended up finding the first season of Gilmore Girls at Walmart for a really good deal. So I got it under the assumption that I could only watch it when I was on the treadmill.
I have finished the first season now... so I'm celebrating with Gilmore Girls week on the blog. These cookies are specifically for Dean. Don't we all love Dean (at this point in time we are ignoring married Dean). He is the perfect first boyfriend. He is tall, handsome, and loves Rory for being Rory. Anyway there is a scene where Rory brings Dean some of Sookie's Rocky Road Cookies. I have had some version of these cookies in my head since that scene. What can I say I am constantly thinking about food, even or should I say especially when I am on the treadmill.
I was originally going to make these as a pudding cookie with a chocolate pudding base. However I didn't think that Sookie would use pudding in her cookies. I mean she is Sookie right? I found this recipe on the web and I was super intrigued by the lack of flour. So I made them and they were so yummy.. I knew that Dean would approve.
Rocky Road Cookies
Yield: 12 cookies
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Whisk together the powered sugar, cocoa powder, & salt.
- Add the vanilla and the 3 egg whites to the dry mixture. Whisk on low speed until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix them in by hand.
- Fill the cookie sheet with 6 cookies, each about 2 tbsp.
- Add 3 marshmallows to each cookie.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Put the cookie sheet in the fridge for 5 minutes, this will cool and solidify the cookies.
- Bake the cookie for 12 minutes.
- Let the cookies rest on the pan for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a wire rack for them to cool completely.
You may also enjoy
Chocolate Pudding Cake
Reese Puff Treats