Recent Posts

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Buffalo "Chicken" Dip


















Drum Roll please.... Its officially football week. Fall is here, and there will be at least one BIG game each weekend that we just have to watch in our house. By watch I mean that Jim is super excited and watching. I on the other hand are usually making something in the background :)

As I talk about today's recipe, I have to apologize for those who share different football views. I didn't go to a big football school (even though yes Michigan Tech does have a football team). However my husband went to both Purdue and Michigan, and therefore our allegiances are set. Yesterday was the big Michigan vs Notre Dame football game. We pretty much live in Notre Dame country, being just north of South Bend so this game was on everyone's mind. My facebook page was filled with comments. Even Michigan State fans picked their side.



So this game has always been big, but it got elevated by some comments from the coaches. The Notre Dame coach called the game a "big regional" game kind of smashing the fact that it was considered a big rivalry. In turn the Michigan coach called Notre Dame "chicken", because Michigan was being taken off the schedule in the future. These comments were all over the pre game shows and facebook. One newscaster even wore an Irish hat and held a live chicken. Too funny.

In our own way we paid allegiance by making one of our favorite football snacks Buffalo "Chicken" Dip. Go Michigan!
















It must have worked, because Michigan beat Notre Dame :)

Ingredients:

8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing (ranch dressing also works)
1/2 cup red hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used a mexican blend)
2 cans (12.5 oz) precooked chicken breast

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Get a large dish that is oven safe. Soften the cream cheese in the dish, using the microwave. I did mine for about 20 seconds and it was perfect. Stir up the cream cheese.

Add the blue cheese dressing, red hot sauce, and shredded cheese to the softened cream cheese. Mix them all together. Add the two cans of chicken. Mix until the chicken is completely covered.

Bake for 20 minutes.

















Serve warm with chips, crackers or vegetables. Enjoy!
















This recipe orginally appeared on the Frank's Red Hot website.

You may also like

















Sweet Potato Hummus
















German Pretzel Dogs

7 comments:

  1. I made a bbq chicken dip once that was too sweet for my taste...this sounds like a much better way to go! He'd probably even want to make a sandwich out of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure my husband would make a sandwich out of it, if I gave him your idea :) Thanks for checking my site out!

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness, this dip looks sinful, I'd just dip anything I can find in it.. including a spoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That was pretty much my lunch today.. there was some left over.. and I was short on chips. Too funny!

      Delete
  3. No one in my family are die hard football fans, but I would make this dip just because! ;) My boys would love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree there are a million reasons to have this dip! Yum!

      Delete