Recent Posts

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mom's Homemade Ham Salad

















For the theme this week I thought it would be fun to do Easter Leftovers. My mom use to make this ham salad all the time when we were kids. I use to love to watch her grind the ham with the meat grinder.

We recently got the meat grinder attachment for our stand mixer. A couple of months ago I decided it would be great to try out mom's ham salad recipe with it. I called my mom and she told me that you add mayonnaise, relish, and mustard. She also gave me the secret knowledge that you put a piece of bread through the grinder to get all the ham out. I left this on a notepad on the counter, thinking that I would make it when I came back. However I arrived from the store and it was made.
















It was amazing because Jim's version tasted just like my mom's version even though I hadn't written down any measurements He was also ecstatic about the bread trick. So I had Jim make this for the blog this week. I took notes so that I could blog "real" measurements for you.

Growing up we always had this salad as a sandwich. It would be great with crackers too.... and in a nice dish it could be used for a shower or party get together. Simple, but delicious.



Mom's Homemade Ham Salad

Ingredients
  • 1 lb ham
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp relish
  • 1 tsp mustard
Cooking Directions
  1. Grind the ham with a meat grinder (plate with 1/4" holes for stand mixer attachment).
  2. Add the mayonnaise to the ham. Mix until well combined.
  3. Lastly add the mustard and relish, and mix again.

Recipe Source: Laura's Baking Talent

You may also enjoy
















French Toast Ham Sandwich
















Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Sandwiches