Recent Posts

Monday, April 21, 2014

Chocolate No Bake Cookies



















Did everyone have a good Easter? We had a good time with family, and enjoyed the nice weather. 
We filled the garden bed this weekend and I planted the first seeds outside. I have both sugar snap peas and spinach planted.

After researching lots of ideas around gardening, I decided to go forward with the square foot gardening method. I'm going to add a tab on the blog to show some of the latest gardening pictures, so that you can follow along in my adventure.

















The one thing I love about holidays.. is there is usually candy involved. Leftover candy is the best because I can throw a few pieces into our lunches... Or I can grab a "power" piece before taking Ginny on a walk.

Sometimes you just get the urge to have a small sweet treat. I am a huge chocolate fan.... ok maybe its actually a chocolate addiction. Sometimes it just hits me that I need some super chocolatey.... hence the theme for this week is simply CHOCOLATE week.
















These no bakes are super easy to make... and they are the perfect fix for any chocolate craving!




Chocolate No Bake Cookies

Yield: 30 cookies
Ingredients
  • 3 cups oats
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup margarine or butter
  • 3 Tbsp cocoa
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1/8 tsp salt
Cooking Directions
  1. Line 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Measure out the oats, peanut butter, and vanilla and set aside.
  3. Add the sugar, cocoa, margarine, milk, and salt to a large saucepan. Put the pan on medium heat.
  4. Continuously mix the ingredients until everything is melted and well mixed.
  5. Take the saucepan off of the burner and add in the oats, peanut butter and vanilla. Thoroughly mix them into the mixture.
  6. Drop the batter on the cookie sheets.
  7. Put cookies in the fridge for at least 1 hour to let them set.
Recipe Source: Laura's Baking Talent

You may also enjoy
















 Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Bon Bons
 
















Chocolate Pudding Cake