Recent Posts

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Champagne Pancakes
















Happy New Years everyone! I know its a day late, but its never to late to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I'm going back to work today after a nice long holiday break. Its a little sad. Sniff! Sniff! So the last post for New Years week landed on the 2nd, so I decided that I would do something with left over champagne.

















I made these on New Years Day... and almost posted them for you then. Really though who am I kidding... I was making them at 11AM, so most normal people were already up and going and possibly thinking about lunch at this time of the day. Sigh.. did I mention that I am going to miss being home on vacation.
















These would be great this weekend though. We love making a big breakfast at home on the weekend. Actually who am I kidding... I love breakfast at home or at a restaurant... in the morning, for lunch, or dinner. I'm not picky. So make these pancakes they are yummy! They will remind you of the new year fun... and it will get that pesky bottle of champagne out of your fridge.
















I set our oven on warm before I started making the pancakes. When I finished one I put it in the oven on the warming plate so that it wouldn't cool. I'm sure Jim will laugh at this picture because after I took them out of the warm oven, I had to take the pictures for the blog... so they were a little cold anyway. Well I tried! Also just a hint... if you don't have champagne for some reason.. or don't want to subject children to champagne pancakes...substitute with milk.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1 egg
1 1/4 cup champagne

Mix together all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle. Put the butter, egg, and champagne in the well. Mix everything together by hand until it is relatively smooth.

Heat a frying pan on medium heat, spray with butter spray. Put 1/4 cup of batter in the pan. Cook for 1 minute. Flip the pancake. Squish the pancake down with the spatula and cook for another 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from the pan and repeat until all the batter is gone.

Eat and Enjoy!

Recipe Source: Laura's Baking Talent

You may also enjoy

















Blueberry Thing

















Lemon White Chocolate Chip Muffins