Recent Posts

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Root Beer Glazed Ham



 
Have you ever asked yourself what am I wearing? That was me today when I was going into church for my book club. I had gotten home and decided to take Ginny on a long walk. So I put on my comfy jeans, a "matching" comfy sweatshirt, and my bright pink running shoes.

I stopped for a minute and evaluated the situation... but there was no solution since I was late. Being late means I have to walk through the guys group and they always say hi... So I just smile and wave and I'm sure turn 4 shades of red.
















Its church and they love me no matter what... but couldn't I have left the pink running shoes at home. I guess I was living on the edge. Want to give a little edge to your Easter Ham? Well you can add this root beer glaze. It will add just the right amount of sweety goodness, plus its super easy to make... and it has ROOT BEER.

What else will be on the table at my Easter dinner? Corn Casserole is a family staple. We also love our grandma's candy apples.

Dessert will include carrot cookies with orange frosting, cadbury egg peanut butter cookies, and chocolate chip cake. Although I may decide to take some fruity pebble treats.




Root Beer Glazed Ham

Ingredients
  • 1 cup root beer
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp mustard
  • 3-5 lb Ham
Cooking Directions
  1. Combine all the glaze ingredients: root beer, brown sugar, ketchup, white wine vinegar, and mustard into a small saucepan.
  2. Bring the mixture to a boil, and let it simmer until it has reduced to about half. This will be about 20 -30 minutes.
  3. Cut diagonals into the ham. Make each diagonal about 1/4 inch apart.
  4. Glaze the ham.
  5. Bake the ham per the instructions on the package.
  6. Glaze the ham again when it is removed from the oven. 
Recipe Source: Laura's Baking Talent

You may also enjoy



















Corn Casserole



















Grandma's Candy Apples