Recent Posts

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Shamrock Shakes


















I love March. There is my birthday (#1 for me), St Patty's Day, Final Four Basketball, and Shamrock Shakes. If you have never had a Shamrock Shake promise me this year that you will try one. You can go to McDonalds or make this at home version, but please try them. I know that you will love them.

Jim was in training all last week, so it was me and the menagerie of animals at home. Cooking at home for just me is never as much fun so I end up making tuna sandwiches or scrambled eggs for dinner. Not bad but it can get a little less than exciting. So on Wednesday last week I stopped on the way home and got a McDonalds shamrock shake.

















When Jim got home for the weekend I was still living in post shake bliss. I was feeling a little guilty because Jim had not got his shake fix. So I made this at home version. It turned out perfectly and only took about 5 minutes to make.

I started a St Patty's Board on Pinterest with lots of fun ideas for the upcoming holiday. Remember if you want to stay updated on the latest posts, follow me by email, or on facebook, or on bloglovin





Shamrock Shake

Yield: 1 shake
Ingredients
  • 2 cups vanilla ice cream
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 tsp mint extract
  • 7-8 drops green food coloring
Cooking Directions
  1. Place the ice cream, milk, mint extract and food coloring into a blender.
  2. Blend until a good consistency. About 4-5 pulses. 
Recipe Source: Laura's Baking Talent

You may also enjoy

















Hot Chocolate Floats 
















Traditional Banana Split