Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches












 
As I'm writing this post we are getting ready to watch the National Football Championship game for college football. By the time you read this there will be a winner either Florida State or Auburn. We love football in our house, well Jim loves football. I sit on the couch and read my latest book, check out pinterest, blog or play words with friends. It works. On Saturday though I had this really there is another bowl game moment. I finally just asked the question. Does every school get to go to a bowl game because there are like a gazallion of them?


Evidently not everyone gets to go to a bowl game, you have to win at least 50% of your games. I'm not sure what percentage of teams that is, but it still seems like a lot. I really do like to be involved in the game, even if I am multitasking. So before every game we watch Jim tells me the two teams playing. If there is a personal story or some interesting tidbit he will tell me that. We discuss school colors and mascots, and then I pick a team. Then that is the team we route for. It works well since Jim is more into the actual game vs being tied to which team wins in the end.
















So since we went to Florida this past year, and its warm in Florida. I really really want to be warm right now... we are routing for Florida tonight. Scientific huh? These sandwiches were enjoyed during one of the bowl games. They would be great for the super bowl.... or one of the upcoming playoff games : )
















These sandwiches are amazing, like everything I post on the blog. However choose your sauce wisely. I used the original red hot sauce, and wow was there heat. So next time I will find a milder version. Jim loved it though, so its all up to you and your personal "heat" tolerance.

Ingredients

4 boneless chicken breasts
12 oz (1 bottle) of wing sauce
1/2 package ranch salad dressing mix
2 Tbsp of butter

Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker. Cover with 3/4 of the sauce, and the ranch dressing mix. Let cook on low for 6-7 hours.

Once the chicken is cooked shred it. You can do this directly in the slow cooker. Add the butter and mix it into the shredded meat. Serve on your favorite sandwich bread or roll. Sprinkle with the remaining wing sauce if you want a little added flavor.

Eat and Enjoy!

Recipe Source: Allrecipes

You may also enjoy


Cowboy Pork n Onion Pizza
















Guy Catching Chili