This coming weekend is Memorial Day... know what that means... the start of summer. One thing I love about summer is getting ice cream. We love to get a cone and go sit at one of the lookouts at the beach and just sit and enjoy. I've always wanted to make ice cream at home, but we don't have an ice cream maker so I always thought that wasn't going to be possible until I purchased one.
Well guess what you can make awesome ice cream at home without an ice cream maker. All you need is something to mix up the ingredients. They are actually all pretty soft so you could do it by hand ... I'm a wimp so I used the stand mixer.
Then you put them in the freezer over night and then its ready to enjoy. That is one thing you have to have is a freezer. Although I'm guessing pretty much everyone has one of those.... The great thing about ice cream at home is that you can be as creative and decadent as you went. As you can tell I went all out there with this raspberry cheesecake ice cream.... raspberry pie filling, cream cheese, and chunks of graham crackers. Yup! There is no way you could not enjoy this..
Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese
- 1 (8oz) container cool whip
- 1 can (14.5 oz) condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 can Raspberry Pie Filling
- 9 graham crackers
- Put the cream cheese into a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the cool whip, condensed milk, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Roll in the raspberry pie filling and mix again.
- Break the graham crackers into large chunks and add to the batter. Combine them in with a large spoon.
- Put everything in a large freezer safe container with a lid.
- Freeze overnight.
You may also enjoy
No bake Banana Split Dessert
Raspberry Cheesecake Pudding Cookies