Technically the first day of summer doesn't happen until June 21st. However in my book Memorial Day Weekend is the true start of summer. You get your first long weekend... and everyone starts to plan all of those BBQ parties.
I love to make desserts for the BBQ parties that we attend. Can you imagine that? I always think that cookies are great for a BBQ. They are easy to pack, they require no silverware, and everyone can sneak as many as they want.
I thought it would be fun to do a Red, White and Blue cookie to celebrate Memorial day this weekend. However i was a little stumped on how to accomplish this without just defaulting to sprinkles or candy. Although these M&M cookies I made for last years Fourth of July are delicious!
So anyway I was thinking about what was red and blue... and I instantly went to raspberries, strawberries and blueberries.... Then I remembered these raspberry cheesecake cookies that I made with muffin mix.... So I decided to try mixing raspberry and blueberry muffin mix to see if they would be a great idea for a Red, White, and Blue cookie.
They not only turned out but they were delicious. So if you are looking for a great easy cookie idea for your BBQ this weekend these are guaranteed to be a hit.
Raspberry White Chocolate Blueberry Pudding Cookies
Yield: 2 Dozen
- 1 box (7 oz) Jiffy Raspberry Muffin Mix
- 1 box (7 oz) Jiffy Blueberry Muffin Mix
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pkg cheesecake instant pudding
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl add the raspberry muffin mix, blueberry muffin mix, flour, and baking soda. Mix them and set aside.
- Add the butter and brown sugar to a large bowl, and cream them together.
- Once creamed add in the vanilla and pudding mix and mix again.
- Add the eggs and beat them into the mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix well.
- Lastly add the white chocolate chips and mix again.
- Measure out 2 Tbsp of dough and round it into a ball and place on the cookie sheet.
- 6-8 cookies will fit on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on the cookie sheet.
You may also enjoy
Banana Split Pudding Cookies
Red, White, and Blue Cake