Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Banana Peanut Butter Bomb Smoothie




While we were in Florida we ate at this great little bakery and sandwich shop. They had smoothies that looked awesome. I decided that I wanted to try replicate a few at home and share them on the blog. This one is filled with frozen bananas so it is perfect for bananas for breakfast week.


This creation of mine is super COLD, CREAMY, and THICK. Of coarse it is also super yummy. I'm hoping to get back in my habit of running in the morning. I'm thinking that these would be a good reward.

Ingredients

3 ripe banannas frozen
1 (5.3 oz) container of greek vanilla yogart
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp honey

Start out by cutting the bananas in slices and freezing them. I did mine the night before and they were perfect the next day.
















Add all the ingredients into the blender, and puree until smooth. This may take a couple of minutes, since the bananas are frozen. You may also want to stop the blender half way through and wipe the sides, to make sure all the peanut butter gets mixed in.

Pour into a glass and enjoy!






This recipe was originally posted on Laura's Baking Talent.