Recent Posts

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Smore Ice Cream

















I think that I've been living in a box. I didn't realize that you could make ice cream without an ice cream maker until this summer. I also hadn't read any of the books from  the Game of Thrones series. I remedied the ice cream situation with this raspberry cheesecake ice cream that I made a couple of weeks ago. We were eating it for weeks, and it was as good the last day as the first.

















A couple of weeks ago I also started reading the Game of Thrones series. I'm now in the middle of the third book and I can't put it down. We have watched the first two seasons on dvd as well... and the hubby is chomping at the bit for me to finish book 3 so we can watch season 3.
















Our favorite part of the raspberry cheesecake ice cream was the graham crackers, so I wanted to carry them over to the next ice cream flavor that I tried. When I think graham crackers I instantly thought of s'mores, so this delicious ice cream was born. While you drool over this ice cream.. I'm headed back to the Game of Thrones to see what will happen next....




S'more Ice Cream

Ingredients
  • 1 (8oz) container cool whip
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) condensed milk
  • 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
  • 3 Hershey Candy Bars, chopped
  • 5 graham crackers, broken into large pieces
Cooking Directions
  1. Add the cool whip, condensed milk and marshmallow creme to a large bowl and mix them together.
  2. Mix in the candy bars and graham cracker by hand.
  3. Put everything in a freezer safe bowl with a lid.
  4. Freeze overnight
Recipe Source: Laura's Baking Talent

You may also enjoy
















S'more Cookie Bars

















Spiced up Campfire S'mores