Recent Posts

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Strawberry Avocado Salsa


















I wish I could meet the person who first combined strawberry and avocado... because if I did I would give them my eternal thanks. This salsa will be a staple in our house this summer. We have already made it twice already. The first time we shared a big bowl of it. The second time the hubby brought it out in two seperate bowls. I'm not sure if I ate too much the first time or if he was worried about eating it all himself. Maybe you should just make a double batch the first time.


















It is super easy to make and so healthy for you. I mean avocados and strawberries mixed together its pretty much screaming .... "I'm so healthy I shouldn't taste good."  The great thing is that it tastes GREAT!




Strawberry Avocado Salsa

Ingredients
  • 7 large strawberries, chopped
  • 1 avocado
  • 2 Tbsp lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Cooking Directions
  1. Cut the avocado in half and scoop it into a medium sized bowl.
  2. Mush the avocado with the back of the spoon.
  3. Mix in the chopped strawberries.
  4. Add the lime juice, pepper, and salt and stir all together.


You may also enjoy
















Guac Waffles


















Cucumber Hummus