Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

S'more Puppy Chow
















I posted this picture on my facebook account before starting the blog officially and I almost instantly got a question that asked what makes it "smore" puppy chow. Well it is smore puppy chow because the base is golden graham cereal vs the normal chex cereal and it of coarse has marshmallows.

Once again this is super easy and it only took me about 15 minutes to make and there is no baking, which I know some people love. It is awesome because it packs well so it could be a great snack or a gift for someone.

Have a borrowed Tupperware bowl.. perhaps return it with a little bit of this smore puppy chow :)

Ingredients

1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cups mini marshmallows
3 cups golden graham cereal
 3/4 cup powdered sugar

Measure out the powdered sugar and put in a ziplock bag, the last step will be for you to cover your finished puppy chow with this powered sugar.

Like any no bake recipe I recommend that you have all the ingredients ready and measured, so there is no accidental drama. Put the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a large saucepan over low heat. I used the pan that I normally use for chili because you will want enough room to mix everything later on. Stir the chocolate and peanut butter constantly until it is melted. Add half the marshmallows and stir until they are mostly melted. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the cereal and the rest of the marshmallows.

Make sure the cereal and marshmallows are completely covered with the chocolate and peanut butter mixture.  Once complete pour the whole mixture into the prepared ziplock bag with powdered sugar. Shake the bag until each piece is covered with powdered sugar.

The puppy chow is now ready to eat. Yum! I cut this recipe in half when I made it from its orginal so if you have a big group you may want to double the ingredient qtys I have here.

This recipe originally appeared on www.sallysbakingaddiction.com