Recent Posts

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Golden Graham Smore Bars



















I'm painting my office green... actually its Lily Pond green. I'm so excited. I have the room cleaned out and blue tape on everything except for the ceiling. I am waiting for the hubby to come home and help me get the ladder so that I can do that part and paint tomorrow. Except when you will be reading this it will be tomorrow, and hopefully I am sitting in green Lily Pond bless. Believe it? Lets hope for the best. I'm a little worried how me and the three animals will all interact with wet paint.

So the idea behind updating the office is also to rearrange it so that I can get a light room area to take better pictures for the blog. Yeah who is excited about that. Well I am obviously and hopefully you will be more tempted to try my recipes when you see the new pictures. It will probably be a couple more weeks before everything is in place.

Now back to cereal bars... one of the best things about each of these bars is the look on Jim's face when I brought home each new type of cereal. You got golden grahams those are the best. Lucky Charms I haven't had those since I was a kid. They actually have Reese puff cereal? I have to admit we are pretty boring on the cereal front normally. I get what is good kind of healthy and on sale. So all of these were huge treats for both of us.
















I made these for a church pot luck picnic that we had. I love my church because at any potluck half of the table is usually desserts. My kind of people. However it also means that there is some competition to have something that everyone will pick. I don't really mean competition.. right? Its a church potluck, don't judge me. Admit it you feel awesome if all of your dish is gone before you go home. You don't really want to be the one going away with a full plate.

At my church I have learned to go simple and go chocolate if at all possible. These were both simple and chocolately... so yup empty plate on the way home. SMILE :)

Ingredients:

8 cups golden graham cereal
5 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup light corn syrup
5 Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup miniature marshmallows

Line a 9X13 pan with parchment paper. Spray non stick spray on the parchment paper.

Measure out the cereal and set aside.

In a large microwave safe bowl combine the 5 cups of minature marshmallows, chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter. Microwave in 30 second increments. Stir after each one, and continue until the mixture is smooth. It took me about 1 minute and 30 seconds of microwave time so about 3 increments. Now stir in the vanilla.

Pour this mixture of melted goodness over the cereal. Mix until the cereal is fully coated. Mix in the additional 1 cup of miniature marshmallows.

Pour the cereal mixture into your prepared 9X13 pan. Press down the cereal to even it out in the pan. You can use a buttered spatula of spoon to help if needed.

Wait one hour and then cut into squares or any shape you like.





















Then eat and enjoy one :)

This recipe was slightly modified from a version on the brown eyed baker website.

If you like these treats you may also like:

Smore Cookie Bars
















Smore Puppy Chow




1 comment: