Recent Posts

Friday, August 9, 2013

Lemon White Chocolate Muffins















 
So I'm pretty excited to share this recipe with you today. It is the first time I have created a recipe for a contest. So it was a new challenge for me to make a recipe with a certain product. I'm hoping that entering the contest will also give my blog more exposure and hopefully some new followers.
















The other reason I'm excited to share is that I have finally figured out a way to make lemon muffins more lemony. Yes I'm pretty sure that lemony is a word. If you don't believe well then I suggest you make these muffins with some Lucky Leaf lemon pie filling, you will then eat the muffins. You will love them.. and you will say yes lemony is a real word.

I have tried a couple of lemon muffin recipes before that use the standard lemon juice and lemon zest, but I have never made them again... because honestly they were never lemony enough for me. Yes I used lemony again.
















So I did three iterations of this recipe so that it would be perfect for you. The first one I just did the base part of the recipe to really just check that it worked. It did and tasted wonderful...but it need a little something to make it better.

I discussed add ins with a couple of people and white chocolate kept coming up. So my second batch I added white chocolate chips and another add in. I won't even tell you what the other one was.. because the white chocolate chips were so good it won hands down.

It was so good that Ginny dog even decided that she needed to try one. Oops... so shouldn't have left cooling muffins within her reach. She is usually a good girl when it comes to my baked goods. So they must have smelled really good for her to want to try them and risk getting in trouble.

So we are now onto the third batch. These turned out perfect, moist, lemony and oh so good. I really hope that you can try these soon.
















Lemon muffins may seem summery... but I think they would great anytime of year. They have a crisp fresh taste that would be perfect in the fall. They would bring a summer tropical feel to your breakfast table in the winter. Spring and Easter are all about lemon so I think they would fit perfectly.

So are you ready for this recipe.

Yield: 18 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes

Ingredients:

3/4 cup butter (1.5 sticks), melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Lucky Leaf Lemon Pie Filling
1/2 cup white chocolate chips, plus a few more for the tops of the muffins.

Preheat the oven to 375. Prepare the muffin pan with muffin cups. I use two muffin cups per muffin, since I don't buy the heavy duty muffin cups. This is not a requirement though. 

Mix together the melted butter and sugar, until fully mixed. Add in the eggs, baking powder, and salt. Make sure that everything is mixed well and that the baking powder and salt get fully dissolved into the mixture.

Add half of the flour and half of the milk. Mix until the flour is fully integrated into the batter. Add the remaining flour and milk. When the last of the flour is fully mixed in add in the Lucky Leaf Lemon Pie Filling. Make sure its fully mixed into the batter.

Lastly add the white chocolate chips to the batter. 

Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full. I added 3-4 extra white chips to the top of each muffin before putting them in the oven. The recipe will yield about 18 muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes. For the last iteration my bake time was 22 minutes, adjust for your oven.

You will have pie filling left over in the can after this recipe. You can freeze it in 1/2 cup increments and use it the next time that you would like to make this recipe.
















This recipe originally appeared on Laura's Baking Talent.
#luckybakes

If you like this recipe you may also enjoy
















Blueberry Thing

Banana Peanut Butter Bomb Smoothie