Recent Posts

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken















 


We had some time off for the holidays from work. Jim and I pretty much became bums. We slept in, stayed up late watching movies, and ate lots of yummy food. One day during the week I decided to make a slow cooker meal. There is nothing easier than throwing in a few ingredients, setting the slow cooker to low and then waiting for the house to fill with yummy goodness.

There really isn't anything easier... I do have to admit though I was doing today's recipe yesterday. It was Saturday and I wanted to do some shopping before we the temperatures dropped again and we got hit by the huge storm that is coming our way AGAIN. Anyway I was really proud of myself. I got the chicken in the pot. I dressed it with the olive oil and the seasoning. Chopped up the lemon.

















Then I went to Target knowing that when I came home we would have a good meal. So I was free to take my time.... because honestly if there is a store to take your time in its Target. I actually went in for a new shower curtain and came out with Christmas ornaments, Christmas Lights, Hershey Kisses, Candy Canes, a Movie, Valentines Decorations, and some cute appetizer plates. The clearance aisle was good to me. 90% off Christmas yes I will take that. Notice you didn't see shower curtain on that list. Its like a life decision that I just can't make. Like if I pick the wrong one it will mock me every day when I go to shower.


 I digress the point of my story is that I got home.. and I look at the timer on the stove and it says 1 hour till the chicken should be ready. I'm such a good wife. I'm telling this to Jim and he is like well I was going to mention that I think that we should add some time to that. Why I ask? I know that 6 hours will be good for that amount of meat. Well I got downstairs and I noticed that the slow cooker wasn't plugged in.

Oh! So yes its Slow Cooker Chicken week. They should be all easy recipes you just throw in the slow cooker and go. However there is one caveat. You have to TURN IT ON! So we added time and took Ginny out to play in the snow.

















Ingredients

2.5 lb Chicken Breast
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1 garlic clove
1/2 lemon, chopped

Place the chicken into the slow cooker. Brush the olive oil onto the chicken. Sprinkle with the lemon pepper seasoning, salt, and garlic clove. Place the chopped lemon around the chicken in the slow cooker.

Plug the slow cooker in and set on low. Cook for 6-8 hours. Remove the chicken and serve. You can slice the rest of the lemon for decoration.

Eat and Enjoy!

Recipe Source: Laura's Baking Talent

You may also enjoy
















Turkey Alfredo Pizza















5 Can Soup