Recent Posts

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Carmel Apple Cupcakes
















It snowed today. Not lots of snow it was really just flakes in the air, but it was snow. There was also this hail like wintery mix for like 20 minutes at lunch. I have a feeling its going to be a cold weekend for HALLOWEEN parties. When I was little my mom always had a plan to make my HALLOWEEN costume super warm. Because sometimes in Michigan it just SNOWS on HALLOWEEN.
















If you want some thing to warm you up though its these cupcakes. They are moist and Carmelly delicious.They are also the first cupcake I have done for the blog :)  I have to admit it is also the messiest recipe I have made so far for the blog. I was telling my mom about these cupcakes on the phone and I was telling her how I got carmel EVERYWHERE... and she was like I would have used wax paper. Ofcoarse! Don't you just love moms :- )  So make these because they are CUTE and YUMMY, but remember to cover the counter with waxed paper or something... or clean the caramel quickly before it cools.
















So before I go into the recipe here are the last of the HALLOWEEN songs. Have you enjoyed them? What was your favorite song this week?  Did I miss any good HALLOWEEN songs that you can think of?

Ok who doesnt like a little Will Smith during his Fresh Prince of Bel-Air stage...
Nightmare on my Street - Will Smith listen to it here.  Buy it here: A Nightmare On My Street

You can't get more ghosty then this... Who are you gonna call?
Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr. listen to it here.  Buy it here:Ghostbusters (From "Ghostbusters")

For some reason I just thought of that Sprint commerical with the... zombie
I Walked with a Zombie - REM listen to it here.  Buy it here: I Walked With A Zombie

I had to throw in another country one... and Eric Church is AWESOME!
Creepin - Eric Church listen to it here. Buy it here: Creepin'

Anyone else watching Sleepy Hollow..
The Headless Horseman - Bing Crosby here.  Buy it here: The Headless Horseman

Ingredients

1 package spice cake mix
2 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 3 medium sized ones)
1 cup carmel bits
4 Tbsp milk
1 cup chopped pecans
24 popsicle sticks

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the cupcake pan with muffin cups.

Make the cake mix per the directions on the box. Then fold in the chopped apples. Fill the muffin cups about 2/3's full.

Bake for 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool for 10 minutes before taking them out of the muffin pan. Then let the cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack.

Place the carmel bits and the milk into a small saucepan and cook them over low heat. Do not leave the carmels... keep stirring them. Stir until they are completely melted.

Drizzle melted carmel over the cupcakes. Sprinkle with pecans and stick in a popsicle stick.

Eat and Enjoy!

This recipe was adapted from Taste of Home Fall Baking Cookbook (200 Oven Fresh Treats! and 120+ Kitchen tips and how-tos)


You may also enjoy

















Butterscotch Apple Crisp
















Smore Cookie Bars

12 comments:

  1. I love the topping on these. Makes them different than a regular cupcake. I can't believe it's snowing already! PS: I really like your pictures with the leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was excited to see how the leaves looked. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Ooo YUM!! These look super good, and I love your idea of putting popsicle sticks on top, looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to find another recipe for the popsicle sticks though.. I had to buy a package of 150 :)

      Delete
  3. These cupcakes are too cute and I love the caramel apple taste! My favorite Halloween songs all come from the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack.. love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We rewatched that movie today to help us keep the Halloween Spirit going in the house :)

      Delete
  4. Love the phrase Carmelly delicious. Sounds irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, please don't speak of snow yet!! ;) Love these cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete