Recent Posts

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pumpkin Granola

















Happy Sunday morning everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weekend. Boy do I have a week for you. Its officially fall breakfast week. This week was kind of out there when I started, but I found three great recipes for you. I had trouble deciding which one I wanted to do first because they all taste so good : ) I like weeks like that.


So yesterday was definitely a play day for me. We slept in which was nice, but then we went to the outlet mall for a shopping day. Jim and Ginny went with me so that was great. I got some great deals but I'm super excited about my new winter coat. I got it at the Columbia store and I'm super excited. Its one of the new puffy ones that are lighter weight, and its purple, and I love it. I wish it would get really cold in the next hour so I could wear it to church.
















I also got new jeans. I HATE shopping for jeans because I really have trouble getting any that fit. The biggest problem being that I am 5'2". However I found some that I think that I will love :) I also found a new comfy sweatshirt for home, but I didn't find any good work clothes. Could this be a sign?


We then headed over to see my nieces play their last soccer game of the season. They play the last game at night "under the light". Meg's game had perfect weather mid 70s. However the rain just poured during Ally's game. We were all sitting under umbrellas (thank goodness Jim packed and not me). All the soccer players that weren't playing huddled under an easy up... it was still good though and great to see the girls play.
















All this fun yesterday has lead to grocery shopping and blog baking for me today. I have some good recipes that I need to whip up for next week :) I love blog baking though so that will be fun. Sunday grocery shopping eck. Two top things on my list Coffee Filters and Sugar. We have a reusable coffee filter but the thing hates me in a morning. I really think it becomes a little monster that holds on to the old coffee... Scary eyes and everything.... And we had to improvise on sugar this morning. A food blogger without sugar I should get my URL taken away.

















So on to this recipe its Pumpkin granola and its fabulous. Its great because you can store this in an air tight container and it will last forever. We have had this with yogurt (my favorite), with milk, and its also great for a burst of energy before a puppy walk. The colors are also great. The white, butterscotch chips and the green sunflower seeds make the perfect fall hue. It also tastes amazing and is super easy to make. Love! Love my pumpkin granola.

Ingredients

4 cups oats
1/2 cup pecans, chopped largely
1/2 cup coconut
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 container of lunch applesauce - 4 oz
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup dried sunflower seeds

Preheat oven to 325 and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. 

In a large mixing bowl mix together the oats, pecans, coconut, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt and brown sugar. Make sure that all the spices and sugar get mixed well so everything is equally combined.

In a separate medium sized mixing bowl mix together the pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla. Once all the wet ingredients are well combined pour half over the dry ingredients. Mix well. Then pour the rest of the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix again.

Spread the mixture out on the cookie sheet. Trying to get a single layer across the sheet. Bake for 20 minutes then stir the granola and then bake for an additional 20 minutes.

Take the granola out of the oven and let it cool. This will only take 5-10 minutes. Then put it back in your large mixing bowl and add in the white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and dried sunflower seeds.

Eat and Enjoy, and store the rest in an airtight container :)

This recipe originally appeared on Laura's Baking Talent. 


You may also enjoy




















Banana Peanut Butter Bomb Smoothie




Apple chips

8 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin granola! I haven't had it with white chocolate or butterscotch before. I bet this recipe is great. Glad you made some good purchases yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chip choices were kind of random.. picking what I had in the cupboard.. but they turned out great! Love good shopping deals :)

      Delete
  2. YUM, pumpkin granola sounds amazing. No clue why I haven't made this yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get this granola in my life asap, great recipe - thanks for sharing Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My granola stash is diwindling.. I have to decide if I want more of this kind or another kind :)

      Delete
  4. I could snack on this all day, all year long!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know pumpkin should be an all year thing.. .not just a fall thing. :)

      Delete