Recent Posts

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Guac Waffles n' Waffles Guac
















Happy Saturday Everyone! Boy do I have a Saturday surprise for you... Its so fun I couldn't wait to share it with you :) I literally made these less than an hour ago.

















So right now Eggo is holding a competition for new recipes. Its the Great Eggo Waffle Off. The idea is to come up with new recipes using great Eggo products. The grand prize is $5000. I know right.. that made me sit up and decide to enter :)



















I was thinking about an idea on my own and wasn't getting anywhere, they all seemed to unoriginal. So Jim and I were on our nightly walk with Ginny..

Me: So there is this Eggo contest I want to enter. You need a new recipe idea with waffles.
Jim: With waffles like putting stuff on them?
Me: Yeah.. any ideas.
Jim: I don't know....
Me: The grand prize is $5000 think what we could buy with that.
Jim: Wow! We do need to think of a good idea.
Me: I think it should have to do with a food trend.
Jim: Food Trend?
Me: Yeah something that everyone is really into now. Like everyone is putting avocados in everything to be super healthy.. like brownies and stuff.
Jim: Hmmm... I only eat avocados in my world famous guac.
Laura: Your guac is amazing. What if you put guac on top of a waffle.
Jim: Guac Waffles!
Laura: Or Waffles Guac!
Together: OR BOTH!

Ok maybe at the end we didn't both say OR BOTH! And maybe the words weren't exactly like that but guac waffles and waffle guacs were born and had to be shared. So here we go... Enjoy!
















Ingredients

3 Eggo Waffles (I used Thick and Fluffy Original Recipe)
1 garlic clove
2 avocadoes
1 tsp lime juice
1 medium tomato
1 tsp salt

Put waffles in the toaster on the lowest setting, and toast.

Cut up garlic clove and then press it into the bottom of the bowl that you are going to mix the guac in.

Cut open the avocados and place in the bowl with the garlic. Cut the avocados into smaller pieces and press down on it with the spoon to get the guac texture that you want.

Sprinkle the avocados with the lime juice. Add the diced tomato to the mixture and mix well. Add the salt and mix again. 

Take waffles out of the toaster and cut into fours. 

For guac waffles put about a Tbsp of guac on one of the waffle slices. For the waffle guacs spread a waffle slice with guac and then cover with another waffle slice. 

Eat and Enjoy!

This originally appeared on Laura's Baking Talent.

You may also enjoy

















Mexican Hot Dogs

















Buffalo "Chicken" Dip

3 comments:

  1. Hello laura!!! I like it for a afternoon snack and wine...Very good idea!!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete