Recent Posts

Thursday, December 19, 2013

M&M n Everything Else Bark


I'm making the switch from Christmas doing to Christmas relaxing. This past weekend I finished up my shopping. The Christmas Cards are sent. I only have a couple more days of work left. I'm excited to just relax and spend time with family. Before I completely relax though I had to share this EASY Christmas treat with you.  I made this last night, and it took me less than 10 minutes. Plus it cleaned out my misfit cabinet. Misfit cabinet you ask? I really just made that term up.. since I just re watched Rudolph. Its basically the part of the cabinet where I put all the leftovers from my other blog posts.

 















This bark starts out with chocolate graham crackers. The same ones I used in this chocolate cherry ganache pie. Then you melt almond bark (in the microwave), yup no double boilers for me. You spread the melted bark over the graham crackers and then top with pretty much anything you love.

I added Christmas M&Ms. Leftover from the M&M pretzels, and the Nutter Deer. Then I added some candy canes. Next came the dark chocolate and mint chips from these Chocolate Mint Muffins. Lastly I added some peanuts.
















This would be great for any Holiday get together or could be packaged as a gift. Who doesn't love the gift of food, especially when it is food like this bark.

Ingredients

16 full graham crackers
6 cubes (1/2 package) almond bark
1/2 cup M&Ms
1/4 cup chocolate chips
4 candy canes, broken
1/4 cup peanuts

Start out by laying the graham crackers out on a cookie sheet.
















Put the almond bark in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 45 seconds and then stir. Microwave again in 15 seconds increments stirring in-between till it is smooth. Spread the almond bark onto the graham crackers.
















Sprinkle on your M&Ms, chocolate chips, candy canes,and peanuts.
















Put in the fridge to set for 15 minutes or more. Take the sheet out of the fridge and break into smaller pieces. Each piece will be a little different in size and shape.

Eat and Enjoy!

This recipe originally appeared on Laura's Baking Talent. 

You may also enjoy

















Red Velvet Cookies
















Chocolate Mint Brownies