Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Honey Mustard Wings
















I'm sure a lot of you are still having really cold and snowy weather like we are.. so I'm not going to dwell on it. Instead I'm going to get excited about the Super Bowl and all the good food that comes with it. I made wings for the first time. It was a test to see if I would make them again for the Super Bowl. They were so easy that I'm kicking myself for not making them before.

Seriously it took almost no effort at all and I got to "tweak" the sauce until it tasted perfectly. No wondering if it will be too hot or too sweet.  You can adjust as you make it and come up with something marvelous.
















Ok. I need to know. Does anyone else watch the puppy bowl? If you don't know what I'm talking about please watch this video. Aren't they so cute. Every year I'm trying to get food ready...etc... then it comes on and I'm addicted. I hear a rumor that there is even fantasy puppy bowl this year. It could be fun...

I'm especially excited because there are two Brittany Spaniels in it this year.  For those who don't know that is Ginny's breed. Its funny because when people ask what type of dog we have... usually they give us a weird look and we have to explain. She is about 35 lbs brown and white, kind of like a springer spaniel. Then they are like ahhhhh... Then you meet people who owned a Brittany at some point in their life and they instantly love that you own one. Its like a secret Dog Breed club or something.

I think I will make these wings again for the Super Bowl. Ginny and I can share them as we route the two Brittany's Laney and Loren to victory.


Ingredients

9 wings
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
salt
pepper
2 Tbsp honey mustard
2 Tbsp yellow mustard
3 Tbsp honey
1 tsp white wine vinegar

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Line a rectangular pan or a cookie sheet with foil. Lay out the wings so that they are not touching each other. Coat them with about 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake them for 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes take the pan out and flip the wings. Coat with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for another 20 minutes.

While the wings bake make the sauce. Put the honey mustard, yellow mustard, honey and white wine vinegar in a a small bowl. Mix them together.

When the wings are done baking take them out of the pan and dip them into the wing sauce. Do each one individually so that it can get the most sauce possible on it.

Eat and Enjoy

Recipe Source: Laura's Baking Talent

You may also enjoy

















Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

















Guy Catching Chili