Recent Posts

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cheesy Artichoke Dip


















So its Super Bowl week! The Super Bowl is really a holiday at our house that beats out New Years, Valentines Day, and rivals Thanksgiving day when it was comes to food. We are totally routing for the Denver Broncos.

They have been hubby's team since the transfer of Peyton Manning to the Broncos. I'm routing for Thunder and the commercials. Did you know that Thunder is going to  Super Bowl? Yes! He is flying on a plane similar to how they would transfer an Olympic horse. Lets hope he doesn't get seasick or have jet lag!

I already did  football week with a lot of our favorite football food. We pretty much watch at least one game from August till February so we need lots of good recipes. I shared guy catching chili. I've had a couple of friends try this recipe after posting and they loved it.
















There there is Buffalo "Chicken" Dip, which is an old classic but so easy to make and delicious. Now that I think about it these Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches would also be great. They are #5 on my most popular posts right now, and again so easy to make.


Lastly for football week I shared Caramelized Onion Dip. This got featured over on Spiced this week. All I can say about this dip is YUM!  All of these recipes are great... but I wanted to add some new recipes to the mix for the Super Bowl. I mean it is the Super Bowl...

I tried all of the recipes for this week during the playoff games last weekend. Jim was ecstatic by the food. He saw me with this picture of Cheesy Artichoke Dip and he was like can we make that again today? Alas we are stuck at home with another 2 feet of snow... and we are out of artichokes... but I have promised a redo for next week.

I've started a Super Bowl Idea Board on my pinterest account. Also make sure to follow me on facebook so you don't miss the other great posts that are coming out this week!

Ingredients

1 can artichoke hearts, drained (14 oz)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese (I used Chipolte White Cheddar)
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tsp paprika

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl mix together the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, sour cream, shredded cheese, and garlic. When everything is mixed pour into a  1 qt oven safe dish.

Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle on the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.

Eat and Enjoy!

Recipe Source: Laura's Baking Talent

You may also enjoy

















Pimento Cheese Spread


















Buffalo "Chicken" Dip